Boss-Free
I'm enjoying my first (and probably last, now that I jinxed it by talking about it) day at work without a boss. My old boss left Friday and nobody has really mentioned who my new one will be so I'm just sort of laying low in hopes of them forgetting about me entirely.Except on payday, of course.
I feel sort of like George in that episode of Seinfeld where he goes to that empty office every day, takes his coat off, sits down at the desk and stays there until 5 pm, at which time he puts his coat on and leaves. Granted, I do have work to do right now and probably for the forseable future, but what would happen if I just didn't do it? Who would people complain to?
Anyway, I have been impressing myself with new html tricks such as making a button:
We are in the process of re-designing that page, which is why I get to spend my day learning nifty stuff like that.
Anyway, I am already the queen of muti-tasking, especially on the computer. At any given time I will have a million windows open--writing something, reading articles, blogs, seeing what the Today's Special Value is (until they blocked QVC at work, sadly), etc. Add to that the fact that I have two computers side by side here at work--a PC and a Mac with a 24" screen. My computer multi-tasking skills are crazy now--soon I'll be able to type with two hands at once, one on each keyboard.
At any rate, I hadn't checked Augusten's website in a while so I went to check it out and found out HE IS COMING TO DC ON MAY 20th!!!! Good thing it's not the 19th because that's Mimi's birthday and I'd have to be sent to the mother's hall of shame for missing her birthday. I strongly advise you to go to his website and read his Details columns (8th link down in the bottom right hand corner of the page). Hilarious!
Well, better get back to the boss-less job.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment