Funny Women
The other day I wrote about an article that proclaimed that women are not, as a rule, funny. When I wrote it I was at work and, apparently, brain dead because I wrote that I didn't really know any funny women. When I was driving home from work I was like wtf, of course I know funny women! My sister, my ex-best friend who never talked to me again once I was divorced (but who was, nonetheless, funny), and of course, my friend Temperance.
I totally don't mean this in a racist way but I realize it could be construed that way--so hopefully nobody will construe it that way. That said, I'm sorry but Temperance (who is black) is funny in a way that no white girl can touch. She is so smart and down to earth and just funny. She doesn't do like white girls--talk about people behind their backs but never have the courage to say how we feel right to their faces; if she has a problem with something or sees something a certain way she just tells it like it is to your face. In that same vein, she doesn't mince words or try to say things in a way that doesn't offend people like white girls who go to great lengths to have everyone like us and think only good things of us do.
For instance, I have never had a white friend answer, when asked "What are you doing this weekend?": "Hopefully, fucking," as Temperance once did.
But I digress....my apologies if you read that day's post and thought "What? She knows me and I'm funny!"
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey!!! Apology not accepted!!! ;-)
Post a Comment