Why Women Aren't Funny
Aren't you starting to hope I get a new boss soon so I won't keep posting stuff in here?
I am scratching my head over this one: an article in Vanity Fair claiming that only men are funny. Um, which men are they talking about? Surely only professional comedians and/or actors and not everyday men in ordinary life. With very few exceptions--Patrick being one--I have to say that off the top of my head I am pressed to think of so much as one real-life guy who's funny. I'm just talking about in my home in the burbs-- to work in the burbs-- and back to the burbs daily life. Maybe I'm just mentally flat lining from sitting here in silence all day but I can't for the life of me think of any particularly funny guys--let alone guy--in my 250+ person office. Yes, I know some funny guys--have known some hilarious ones--but have known equally many funny girls.
Actually, as I write that I have to say that maybe the article is right--because if I sit here now and try to think of how many super-funny girls I've ever known I can't say I can think of many. I'm still talking know as in encounter in daily life, not see on TV or read or whatever.
Wow--that's depressing--I never thought about it but maybe the author has a point. Now I get to sit here for the rest of my day and do like that character in Hannah and Her Sisters--the one who would sit inside her head when she was having sex, classifying everyone she knew as some type of animal....or something like that--and go through every person I know or have ever known and decide if they were funny or not funny. As if I needed yet another distraction.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No boss? I gotta start calling you at work again!
I think people are generally more funny if they've been drinking. Maybe your crowd is just too sober?? But overall, I'd say I know way more witty and funny women than men, yourself being one of them!
Post a Comment