Want to Help a Girl Out?
I am still boss-less at work--actually, that's not really true--I do have an interim boss who is very cool and some projects I'm working on. However, contrary to the "team" environments I've always worked in (definitely not without their own pitfalls) this job is basically me and my two computers and not a lot else as far as interaction. Yes, weekly staff meetings or "team building" exercises are tedious but at the very least they make it feel like you're interacting with a group and getting some validation that your contribution matters. As hokey as the "team" concept is, when you're in a team-free job you kind of miss feeling like part of something. Or at least I do; I'm sure others would envy me sitting here in utter silence all day, every day with just my 24" Mac (and other, inferior, computer which does not bear mentioning) to keep me company.
Yes, I socialize a little but as far as feeling like I actually work for a company with any structure--forget it. Maybe it's my need for validation--in every other job I've ever had I got a ton of ego-stroking and acknowledgement for the fact that I am not a moron and actually want to do a good job. Not that people tell me I suck here or anything--it's just that I barely interact with anyone so no matter how much of a kiss-ass I could try to be, there is no ass to kiss. Bottom line is I either need to get over it and enjoy my government mentality do nothing and accept this paycheck just because you show up to work every day job, or decide that I can't roll like that and get another job.
I've decided, at least for now, that I'm a fool to consider leaving I Do Next To Nothing And Get Paid For It, Inc. so I use the time not occupied by actually interacting with coworkers to act as if I'm in a job that actually engages me. Which basically means reading dozens of newsletters, articles, blogs, etc every day to the extent that I'm well on my way to earning a bootleg degree in online communications and marketing. That and trying to publish articles in whatever format possible so I can amass a resume that resembles that of someone who actually knows what they're talking about and gets paid accordingly.
Anyway....LONG intro short--can you go to this website and give me a "thumbs up"? If I get a high enough ranking I might get to become a "Rafter." Still not exactly sure what that means, but it still seems like a worthy enough endeavor.
So help me put my viral marketing knowledge to work and tell all your friends to go vote for me to prove that word-of-mouth is actually a viable marketing tool!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment