Blogs That Launch Careers
(Warning: if you are offended by the "f" word then you might want to stop right here)
If you read this blog you know that I'm all about the concept of passive success--in other, more blunt words, fuck it off style success. "Fuck it off" is a term coined by my friend Temperance, as in "Don't fuck it off"--interpreted by me as don't be lazy. Once I'd heard the term I realized that, in fact, fucking it off was not necessarily a bad thing--I like to think of it as more of a positive term meaning "efficient" or "effortless." Not stressing over something or making excuses but just doing it.
Patrick and I often talk about the books I could write about all aspects of fucking it off--the fuck it off diet (in which I would detail the easiest, most accessible low fat or low calorie foods, such as can be found at any fast food establishment), the fuck it off workout (in which I would lay out entire exercise plans that can be done while you're sitting either in the car or in your chair at work, or just during the course of any given day--no trips to the gym or sweat necessary), decorating (as my sister Cassie and I practiced to create her beautiful new dining room)--you name it and I'm sure I could spin the fuck it off adaptation of it. Aren't I, in fact, living proof that it works?
At any rate, I read an interesting blog about blogs that launch careers. While none of the success stories can really be seen as fuck it off success stories, they actually sort of can be if you substitute "write it and they will come" for "fuck it off." In this context I think the two terms are pretty much interchangeable, as in these people were blogging simply because they liked to write and--poof--instant success. Ok, maybe not really--but then again, maybe.
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment