Sunday, February 03, 2008

Time Toilet

Last Thursday I borrowed a 7 day book from the library: Critical by Robin Cook. I had every intention of finishing it, what with it being a quick read, but sadly spent basically all my free time this past week and weekend playing Big Kahuna Reef 2.

When Patrick first introduced me to the world of BKR I just stared at the screen not even understanding how to play or how it could be fun at all. Long story short--that was like a year and a half ago and I became fully obsessed with it, then somehow broke my addiction for a good six or more months. Lately I started up again and wish I hadn't; it truly is like computer crack. "I'll just play one quick game before I (fill in blank with any activity from recreational to mandatory)." One game turns into two, etc, etc until I am forced to stop because I have to leave the house to do something. If I don't have anywhere to be I can easily waste probably 2 hours or even more.

Anyway, now I'm jonesing because I just used my few free minutes before I have to take the kids to Hebrew school to write this instead of playing my "one quick game." So I have to go play it right now...and I dare you to try it, but don't hold me responsible when you too become obsessed with it.


p.s. I don't know why the spell check in Blogger isn't working lately, so pardon any spelling mistakes....I'm missing valuable BKR2 minutes right now and can't waste time cutting and pasting into Word to check spelling.

No comments: