Monday, February 04, 2008

So you think you can dance....but can you do it Fridays at 11 am?

Mimi just came in and excitedly announced that there's a new hip hop class for adults at the Olney dance studio, being taught by some guy who was a finalist on "So You Think You Can Dance?"

Um, hells YEAH I think I could dance if this dude could teach me. All excited I clicked on the link with the details, scrolled down the list of his accomplishments including "Danced with Beyonce at the VMAs" and "National Pepsi Commercial with Mariah Carey" and am ready to pick up the phone and sign up when I notice the time the class will be held: Fridays at 11 am.

Are you kidding me? Which adult in Olney, MD is going to take a hip hop dance class at 11 am on a Friday? That would be me--except for I happen to be at WORK at 11 am on Fridays.

Wah! There goes my fallback career of 40 year old, white hip-hop star (that's in case the book I have yet to write doesn't end up being a best seller.)

No comments: