Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I was doing really well with posting for a few days there, wasn't I? I have actually been busy doing real work at work lately and haven't had a chance to write in here--can you believe that?

Poor Patrick is en route to Chicago for his big annual meeting. He was supposed to be on a 10:40 am flight, which got cancelled, then a 1:20 pm, which finally took off at about 2:15 and was supposed to land at 3:10. I just checked Southwest and it now is scheduled to arrive at 4:10 pm. I don't know which is my worse nightmare--being stuck on the runway for hours or being stuck in the air, circling the airport because the plane can't land. How he does it without Xanax I do not know--just thinking about it is enough to make me have to take some.

I'm supposed to go to join him/visit Cassie on Friday and am praying the weather improves because, as much as I love Cassie and Patrick--and especially as much as I want to see my old friends from my old job--I don't think I could deal with the all-day ordeal of flight delays and stress.

Anyway, better get back to work--big boss is coming.

No comments: