Monday, December 03, 2007

Wow--long time no post here. Every time I have something worthy of saying I never get a chance to post it then it's forgotten.

Remember my sport parents rant? I never really thought twice about it, other than to make a mental note to watch what I spout off about when I think I'm just posting a comment on a website. Last weekend some friends came over and the wife mentioned how my letter had caused quite a stir, prompting OBGC (the local sports club) to solicit feedback from other parents. I went to The Gazette website and did a search for "OBGC" and found the letter from the executive director of OBGC responding to "an email from Maggie McGary," as well as an "open forum" for parents to react to my view of OBGC games.

I swear--who knew when you speak up about something people get so fired up? Here I am, thinking I'm just typing away into cyberspace; meanwhile the parents in Olney are probably plotting ways to extricate me from the community. Hopefully my status as Mrs. Olney (ok, by association if not by actual skill--and yes you have to have mad skills to be crowned Mr. or Mrs. Olney) will protect me from the angry masses.

Naturally I had to respond; I'll be interested to see if they run it in this week's edition.

Anyway, that's about it as far as life in the big city goes these days.

No comments: