Just a few quick things:
1) I was floored yesterday when I went to do my Christmas shopping online--everything was sold out! WTF? Here I am thinking that I don't have to set foot into an actual store and can get everything on my list online, only to find out that as of December 2 every single thing I was looking for was sold out. And not just on Target, but also Kohls, JC Penny, and I forget what else. I was looking for a pair of flannel pajamas for an 11 year-old, for chrissake! Not even a week ago I had the light blue with clouds flannel pajamas from Target in my shopping cart, but as of yesterday they were not available. Nor were the other gifts I was looking for. So we went to Walmart yesterday and I bought almost every single gift there. I HIGHLY recommend Walmart!!! They have awesome, cheap gift baskets that look like they cost WAY more, really cute kids' clothes for cheap, good stocking stuff, toys, etc, etc.
2) I forgot to ever say that I read Augusten Burroughs's assistant, Stewart Lewis's, book Rockstarlet. I definitely recommend it--and not just because he's Augusten's assistant. The only bad thing about it was that it was so good that it reminded me about the fun gay friends that don't exist in Olney, MD. Hey, a gay couple moved in on Wisteria Lane so maybe soon one will move to my neighborhood.
3) I haven't read this book yet but it was recommended by one of my favorite financial columnists in The Washington Post,Michelle Singletary.
4) I defy you to find a better Engrish sign than this.
Monday, December 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, the shopping is crazy. I went to 3 stores last night looking for snow boots for the kids and NOTHING! Snow pants? Nadda. You'd think they'd be prepared since we do live in the artic zone!
Oh and kudos to you for invoking another thoughtful and passionate debate around the soccer league. Way to shake things up in the suburbs, Mrs. Olney!
Call me soon, kay?
Post a Comment