Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm home sick today and somehow between yesterday and today I've gotten used to being home. Granted, I feel like crap so that could account for the fact that I'm fine just sitting here in silence doing nothing. Or actually, trying to write something for work that I've been procrastinating for seriously going on 6 full months now. Who would think writing an employee newsletter could be this excruciating? The delay hasn't been entirely my fault, as my boss has told me to put the newsletter aside like 10 times when other projects came in, but still...you'd think I could have worked it into my schedule somehow. I guess if I actually gave a shit it might not be such a chore; somehow writing about the picnic that took place in September just isn't keeping my interest--so I'm sure it probably won't attract anyone elses' interest when and if I ever finish the thing and put it out.

By the way, in case any of you have a particular hatred of Manhattan, you might want to head to the movies. There are now two movies out that feature the total annihilation of the island of Manhattan: I Am Legend and Cloverfield. We saw I Am Legend a month or so ago and it was awesome, although depressing. If you are freaked out by zombies and/or can't deal with sad dog stories you definitely need to skip it; it has plenty of both. Will Smith rocked as always and overall I think we gave it an 8.

Cloverfield--I'm still not sure what I thought of it. As I told Patrick when we left the theater, I give the movie about a 7 but the fun of watching it about a 9. Sitting here now, 4 days later, I realize that it gets about a 0 as far as takeaway value; its entire appeal is the actual experience of watching it. If nothing else it makes you feel old.

No comments: