It's been a while since I've seen a really good, amusing Best Parent Ever article. Well, until I saw this one, that is. Where to even begin? Now it's not enough to simply purchase a $350 stroller; you also have to pay a "mommy coach" $150 an hour to research which is the best one? Here's my free tip: if a stroller was dangerous, it wouldn't be on the market--choose one that's easy to fold up with one hand.
And sorry but you know I have to go here:
"Both my husband and I have intense professional jobs," Blair said. "A lot of the things April does you can also do yourself, but it does take a lot of time and we just did not have it. This is a huge industry and you can get sucked into all kinds of things and April gave us advice only on those specific things we needed."Ok, two things:
1) You don't need to "research" any of this stuff. It is not rocket science and there's a 99.9999% chance nothing you buy will kill or harm your baby, and if it does, no amount of research could have prevented it.
2) If you "just don't have time" to research baby products, how are you going to have time to take care of the actual baby?
Sigh.
Then again, I can't say I'd advocate for going to the opposite extreme and having a do-it-yourself delivery either. What, and miss the beauty of the epidural? Are you kidding?
No comments:
Post a Comment