Sunday, March 01, 2009

Weekending

This weekend I have been multi-tasking the relaxation--listening to an audiobook (Jodi Piccoult's A Change of Heart), reading Anita Shreve's Testimony, maxing out on Zuma, and basically logging in an embarrassing amount of sofa time. What, no movies, you ask? Please. Patrick and I saw Push on Thursday (I gave it about a 7.5; Patrick gave it a 6.5) and today I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic (Mimi gave it a zero (shocker) and I gave it about a 6).

The thing I liked about Shopaholic was that the whole thing centered around a girl getting her dream job basically by accident. Everyone couldn't get enough of the fact that she was a total bumbler with no knowledge whatsoever of finance, yet she became more and more successful just by being quirky and doing stuff nobody else was stupid--I mean daring--enough to do. Oh, and she had big boobs and showed a LOT of cleavage. And wore really short skirts and 5" heels.

Speaking of whores--whoops--sorry to dis the shopaholic girl like that--I'm watching My Super Sweet 16 with the kids now. This show is so horrible it's addictive. Two episodes ago I told them we could watch ONE and that was all...now we're on the third because it's so scary/sad/riveting. These girls are only barely 16 and look and act like Girls Gone Wild. Soooo depressing, especially considering that Mimi is almost 13 so it's only a matter of time until her friends start looking and acting like this. Notice I say "her friends" because there's no way in hell she's going to be dressing or acting like these girls.

Anyway, I better go--have to get ready for the next wave of entertainment: Desperate Housewives, United States of Tara and Secret Diary of a Call Girl.

No comments: