I'm laughing because I submitted an article to ezine and got the following email response:
Thank you for your submission to EzineArticles.com.
We would like to help you get this article approved but there is an issue which needs to be resolved first.
Your article is in violation of our Editorial Guidelines, Section 1.g.
We do not accept articles that contain excessive or unnecessary profanity. Please edit your article, removing all profanity, and resubmit for Editorial Review.
Yikes--I must have become so jaded about my language that I didn't even realize I had submitted an article containing "excessive profanity." I went to edit it and, after reading through it, couldn't find so much as one bad word. Thinking I was missing it, I read it again--and again. I did say "hell"--was that what they were talking about?
No, there it was--the last line where I said "...let the "f" word fly." I didn't say "fuck;" I said "the "f" word." Apparently "f" by itself is considered--by EZine's lofty editors--to be a bad word.
Fuck that shit.
No comments:
Post a Comment