Wow--who knew that there was so much pent up (or maybe not pent up? Maybe these people go through life, hands clenched and jaw muscles coiled, just waiting for the next idiot to speak up so they can start the verbal attack?) rage out there! I didn't realize my piece for Washingtonpost.com was a hunk of meat being thrown to an angry mob poised to rip me personally. Um, I don't recall, in the piece, asking whether or not people thought I did the right thing--I was not looking for sympathy or confirmation that I did the right thing by leaving. I was throwing out the question is a mom who stays for the kids a better mom.
Regardless--I guess I shouldn't be surprised--just drive around town for a day and enjoy these same people behind the wheel in their cars. If reading a blog entry about some anonymous woman's divorce sets them off so much, just imagine how tolerant they are of the slow car in front of them or the person who refuses to crash a light.
I personally can barely string together thoughts, let alone words, this early in the morning.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Suck it up, honey. You're the one who put it out there. And after reading your blog here, you sound kind of bitter anyway.
If I wasn't bitter what would I have to write about? ;)
I never read the comments; I only occasionally even read the On Balance posts. But I thought you posed a great question about sacrifice: When is it what's best for the kids, and when is it in the name of outside expectations?
Something to think about, thanks!
Actually the comment directed towards you were rather lightweight for the On Balance crowd!
Wow, at least you got a LOT of comments on your post. I'd kill for that much attention!
But seriously, I thought it was an honest and sincere piece and gave people lots to think about. Many people supported you, but it's always the negative comments you remember and that hit a nerve. Keep writing!
Post a Comment